American Mastery with a Mexican Flair!
Hosting On Our Cloud
- Your website is added to a CDN.
- You’ll be on a better secured, more responsive server.
- Several security apps will be added to your website.
- Updates to WordPress.
- Updates for all of your Plugins (apps).
- Replacement of plugins should they break or fail as technology moves forward.
- Daily backup to 3 off-site locations.
- A completely managed service that leaves you sleeping soundly at night!
We want to give all of you better details, reasons and bonuses for staying with our service. Keep reading…
Professional hosting companies charge an average of $350 per month for managed services. The DIY companies like Godaddy will offer similar services to WebAuthorings starting at $49.99/month. While they have a couple of cheaper plans that are quite a bit slower, the one plan that matches what we offer you starts at $49.95.
We also looked at WP Engine, the people that created WordPress. They don’t offer nearly as much as we do and their servers are slow.
I’ll also be the first one to tell you that you can pick up an $8-$10 account with Godaddy, OneAndOne or BlueHost, but you are on your own! From WordPress updates to plugin updates to security and backups, you have to manage every aspect of that yourself. If your online business is important to you, you need to know how to do all of this. If technology is not your thing, then you need to have a company or person that understands it all to manage it for you.
Behind the Scenes
If people saw what actually goes on behind the scenes with updates, spammers, hackers and just keeping your websites running they wouldn’t be online. It’s pretty scary. If you didn’t see the link for DOos (Denial of Service) Attacks, it pretty crazy.
Clicking the link below will show you the online digital war that happens every moment of every day.
The image you see is real time attacks on servers throughout the world. It’s actually quieter today than most other days. If you move the meter back to July 10th, you’ll see what normally happens.
Paying the Price
It costs WebAuthorings an incredible amount of money every month to keep all of our clients’ sites running. Most of our clients never realize there are problems every day that we handle to keep their sites running and them in business. With the elements we put into place, we are notified before something turns even close to catastrophic. Other providers will not share this type of information with, but we are an open book and hide nothing from our clients!
Goodies for You!
For purchasing Professional Hosting with WebAuthorings, we are putting into place on your website a very cool app!
Visitor Maps is a great tool! I’ve been using it now for over two years on one of my websites. It tells me who’s currently online and where they happen to be on the site. It tells me who has been on my site and where they came from in the world as well as how they got to the page they were on. Lots of cool stuff invaluable for marketing!
The Crazy Techie Details
Hosting on the WebAuthorings’ Cloud offers an array of services.
- Managed Hosting – You never have to worry about maintaining the environment that allows your business to thrive online. Your focus should be on product outreach and CRM. Our managed hosting plan allows this. Upgrades, security, patches, and monitoring are our concerns, not yours!
- Our dedicated virtual machines are fast and reliable and most importantly, they are managed by humans. The human element adds a multitude of customer oriented tasks that assure security, performance and maintenance. Our servers are monitored around the clock for spam attacks and hacks. All of your data is backed up to 3 off-site locations on a daily basis.
- We put your website on a CDN. A Content Delivery Network (CDN) is a system of distributed servers (network) that deliver webpages and other Web content to a user based on the geographic locations of the user, the origin of the webpage and a content delivery server.
This service is effective in speeding the delivery of content of websites with high traffic and websites that have global reach. The closer the CDN server is to the user geographically, the faster the content will be delivered to the user. CDNs also provide protection from large surges in traffic.
On top of that, an additional layer of security is added to your website.
- In addition to all the standard features offered by modern hosting companies we add a large number of extra features that typically you will not find at Bluehost and/or Liquid Web, Rackspace, etc., without paying a lot more, if ever.
- 24×7 Monitoring – every 5 minutes we check the following conditions on each of our servers:
(Warning: techie jargon coming up!)
- Check Alerts
- Check Disk 1
- Check Email Queue
- Check Firewall
- Check Linux Packages (daily)
- Check Load
- Check Master (hourly)
- Check Swap
- Check Time
- Check Total Processes
- Check Uptime (daily)
- Check Zombie Processes
- Current Users
- HTTP (for every site on the server, not just the IP address)
- Network Connections
- If there are issues we will get an alert and typically fix things before you even know there is a problem.
- We provide two layers of firewall (one static and one dynamic) with very strict settings. In fact we go out of our way to make it difficult to get onto the servers, which sometimes causes issues. But at WebAuthorings, security always comes first. Years ago we were using Go Daddy for hosting and we had one incident where a hacker broke in. No damage or data was lost, but it was not a good experience, so ever since then we have really become acutely aware of the need for strict security.
- We deploy various custom brute force detection mechanisms which scan for external robots and crawlers and block them automatically as soon as they try to do anything suspicious. Every single server on the internet is inundated with spam and robot attacks and by default all Linux boxes are amazingly open. We ban 100’s of IP addresses every month because we don’t like hackers wasting our time, processing power, or bandwidth. We lock down many ports that are often left open (e.g. SSH and FTP), because these days the internet is not a friendly place and the bad guys are always trying to get in 24×7. You’d be shocked at how many robots try to break-in every 24 hours to every server on the web.
- Once a month we perform all necessary Linux package updates such that you are always running on servers with the most recent patches. Once a month we also reboot the servers to fix any core-leaks and other issues that sometimes crop up with long running servers.
- Bottom line with WebAuthorings you don’t just get hosting, but a full managed service solution letting you focus 100% on your website.